Monday, September 28, 2009

takin' out the blocker and some football watching...

Yesterday Tony had a little football party in his hospital room with his dad Ken, Warren and Amber while I got out for a few with the ladies. I think that doing things like that make him feel so good and that things are going to be ok and move forward.
This morning I didn't think twice of throwing on a scarf and I honestly thought that really snazzed up my sweatpants to a high fashion level for heading to the cafeteria for coffee and some computer time to get folks updated on the morning. Last night after Bree and Shay stopped by to say goodnight, fawn over Tony and kiss him on the forehead (lucky guy) he got a text from Brian before bed. We sat and talked for awhile about how lucky we are. Tears came into his eyes (which made me want to make it all ok, but I held off) and he spoke about how loved he feels with all the support around him and how suprised he is by this. Why he would be surprised I don't know as Tone Loc may be one of the nicest and sweetest men on the planet not to mention he looks like a male model..... I am also overwhelmed by the love and even no one wants to hear "Oh, things happen for a reason..." I know they do and we are learning throughout this process that we are some of the luckiest people in the world. Not only do we have some of the most amazing family, but our community is also like our family and this is teaching us the value of that. For something tragic like this to happen and have people who have been constantly praying for us and thinking about us every second is changing both of our lives daily. We live a good life (even if we do have to struggle sometimes to live where we live and do stupid things sometimes), good friends and a support system that cannot be compared to anything I have ever really heard of. Tears are streaming down my face here in the cafeteria as I write this and think of you all.
Thank you all for everything and keep sending good thoughts all day as surgery days are the worst for him and for me as we are just waiting waiting waiting to go in and he can't have any food or water which depletes his energy....Also, you should all check out the i-Limb...it looks super cool and Tony can feel like Robocop!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tony

    just got the update from Lonnie. Sounds like there are some positives to build on. I know a few guys who paddle with prosthetic hands, and they are good to go.
    All the best from the IR crew
    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the i-limb... he will actually be the bionic man! Keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, you need some high-heeled bedroom slippers to really complete the look.Tell Tony he's got a brand-new Snuggie™, still in its wrapper,coming his way. Maybe I'll even have it monogrammed for him.
    - Missy
    p.s. quit making me cry at my desk
    p.p.s. I had a dream about Tony last nite - I think it was the melatonin. I'm tyring to ween from Ambien

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you guys are feeling the love & support - there are tons of both out here for you guys.

    As much as your appreciate the support know that you are also repaying that even now. At least for me, and I suspect many, your response to this challenge is both inspiring and humbling. I want to be better for knowing you.

    Keep up the good work and continue to take care of yourselves first.

    Love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin just called you a sexxxxxxxy beyatch!!! What the hell????? I will call you soon but untill then be good and be strong. As you know I can tell you thousands of stories of IT COULD BE WORSE!! Love you and call if you need anything!!! Erin again is making a some kinda jesture!!!! :-))))) You are the man. talk to you soon.
    Cheers JB & Erin

    ReplyDelete