Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Friday.

I just want to let everyone know I did just see Tony and it was for just a brief few minutes in post op. He is in such good spirits and is quite possibly the strongest man I have ever met. I blubbered like a baby in the hallway then sat myself down in the ICU waiting room. Luke, the strong presence that he is, has been calling various doctors about different kinds of prothesis ideas for paddling and mtn biking (as that is all Tony is asking about...) and spoke at length with a gentleman who specializes in that here in Front Range. After that, Luke and I sat for a bit and he talked me through some different ideas and told me that we have to be strong and ready for as many surgeries as it may take to save as much motion and wrist as possible for Tony. Armed with Lukes strength, I went into the post op room to see T. He was so strong and knows exactly what is going on and is ready to take on whatever is nesessary to heal himself.
I knew when I married him that he was one of the most amazing people I would ever meet and seeing his handsome face and faint smile gave me all the strength I needed to get through the moment as well as the rest of the day.
He is now resting in ICU and I will be able to go back and sit with him for awhile later today. Thanks to each and every one of you for all your love, support and donations as we have no idea how long we will be here or how much this will cost us. The donations you are sending have allowed me to not even have to think of money at this point and I cannot thank you enough for that gift.
love to all-
Tina

6 comments:

  1. We are thinking about you and sending lots of love your way. We wish we could be there but know you are well supported. You are a strong and amazing man and you will get through this, no matter the set-backs today, and we will be looking forward to being all together again!
    We love you!
    Kimi and Annabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this may seem like small consolation at this time, but this might help a little down the road: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/famous-amputees.shtml

    And if you have never seen it, I recommend the movie "The Best Years of Our Lives." It's not your usual WWII movie.

    I have been asking all of my prayer friends to add you to their lists. Please know that Victor and I are praying for you continually, and offer to you any and all help that we can.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey U's 2. Again so sorry but we are thinking about you tons and I cannot stop thinking about how to help of course when you need something let us know and, you will need things as time goes! I have built a part so a friend could paddle again and the wheels are turning!!! He paddled C-1 so I know I can make it work!!!! You are not alone and you have more support than you can imagine! Tony you are one of my favorite peoples and we will be here for both of you!!! Tina my cell 970 946 4686 save it!
    Love you Both!!! John & Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony man I just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know anything else to say at the moment. I know you have a great support group there with you, and its good to hear how positive your attitude has been through this. You'll get through it all, and when the time comes I'll be around to help you get back on the water. Stay strong man.

    -Danny
    p.s. thanks again for the Dancer, its been good to me thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tony, I am proud to call you my cousin for having such a positive attitude despite your hardships. I hope that I may one day have the strength that you do. I'm praying for you buddy. God bless.

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tina and Tony,
    Your strength and positive attitude are inspiring to us all. Thank you for sharing this difficult process with such openess. I can't help but believe you will continue to inspire and impress and be role models throughout the journey ahead. God Bless.
    Lisa Wilk & Lee Durham

    ReplyDelete