Thursday, September 24, 2009

Survivor and The Office from a stiff hospital chair..

Hello from a bleak hotel room...
Just returned from a long visit with Tony where I hid in the room when they did a visitors check and was able to stay through the 6-8:30 visiting hours with help from a sweet nurse. She assured me that I was posing no threat to the rest of the ICU whereas the gangbanger next door who was stabbed last night may be a bit more pesky than a middle aged gal who was super stoked to watch Survivor with her one handed husband on Must See TV.....the day was good today with both of Tonys sisters coming to visit which brought his spirits up...I also was able to get a hold of Tonys ex-girlfriend Julie (who lives here in the area) and she came in to visit him which was nice also. Luke, my mom and I snuck out mid-afternoon to go to a funny movie and I was itching in my seat until I could get back to the hospital to swab down my baby's forehead with a wet washcloth. Tony is in good spirits, but knows that he has to go in for surgery tomorrow around noon so that is looming over his head. When Dr. Ipachtki (pronounced A-Pach-Kee) (who is easy on the eyes as Patti and I discussed the first day) came to change his dressing, he said Tonys' arm was looking good. This of course, is all relative, but it certainly looked better than when I saw it the other day and it looks like a regular arm just missing a hand. The reality of this is really hard for Tony, but he really is the strongest person I have ever met with a best friend at his side and family that is just as amazing as he is. It is an ugly truth, but we will all get through this together through bad days and good and it will certainly make us all so much stronger as people and as a family. God I love that man.

4 comments:

  1. Tony, it was heartbreaking to hear the news of your accident from Scott and Lani early last Saturday. You have been on my mind constantly as I have had to see patiens of my own this week. I have faith that your amazing and unbreakable spirit will carry you through this and give your body the strength and time to heal. I know that you are surrounded by people who love you beyond belief and are at a hospital where you are getting the best care you possibly could. All my love will be with you tomorrow in the OR.
    Cindi J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief Tony old boy!

    All the Brits are absolutely GOBSMACKED at the news, but, no worry.. a bit of attention from the good surgeon (you DO have national health care?) and you'll be RIGHT AS RAIN! After all, we do need you around as the ground is getting a bit thin of men of your caliber!

    God save the queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so glad to hear spirits are so high. I'll be with you guys today, even if I'm not in Denver. And I love the last post, the "ground is getting a bit thin of men of your caliber!" Much love to all of you today.
    Love Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you are maintaining your sense of humor. A lot of things come to mind when I think of you - middle aged is not one of them :). I can however absolutely see you hiding in a corner of the hospital room to stay with Tony however :).

    ReplyDelete