Thursday, September 24, 2009

resting...

I just left the ICU and Tony was about to take a nap. I snuck in a bit early this morning and faced off with a desk gal who was not very excited about me deciding to take hours into my own hands. Today was the first day that they moved the bed and he was able to sit up and relax a bit. He said that last night was the first night he had a good night sleep which was fantastic. Luke, Ken (his Dad) and I were all sitting in the room with him last night when the nurse came in with a smorgasborg of evening drugs for him to pick from like candy....Ambien, Percoset and the like...he of course will only take the minimum and we all put our hands up to see if we could scoop up the leftovers. No go. Luke has been busy on the phone with prothetic experts and I can see his mind has not stopped in trying to figure out a way for Tone to hold a paddle in his hand...I figure if anyone can get that going it will be Luke.
I was glad to have some time with him this morning to hold his hand (the one still there of course....) and just have some time with my baby. He is on the waiting list for a new room now where I can stay with him all the time which would be so fantastic so everyone think positive thoughts for him to get out of the Intensive Care Unit and into a normal room....

5 comments:

  1. Tony i love you buddy and hope all goes as well as it possibly can. Stay positive and healthy my friend, i hope to come and see you when you all make it back to Durango. Safe travels and im thinking of you all.
    You're the shit!!!!
    T-Duff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina:

    I was one of Tony's fraternity brothers in college and live in Denver. Please let me know if there is anything you need or that I can do for you.

    Dave McLain
    mclain@hhmrlaw.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony and Tina,
    You two are amazing! Stay strong and heal quickly! Sending Love and Positive thinking your way!
    Just to let you guys know! The cover of the Telegraph says "We love (heart) Tony" Everyone is thinking of you and simply adores you two!
    Much Love, Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony and Tina:
    hang tough you guys. I know Maaike sent a message yesterday. We're in NY right now but will be back in Denver next week. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. We're thinking of you both constantly. Much Love, Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony & Tina,
    My heart goes out to you. I've been thinking about the paddling thing... once you have a good prothetic, do you think that hand paddles would be easier than trying to control a regular paddle?
    Much love,
    Candace Brendler

    ReplyDelete