Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday morning walk....

As we begin to make our way to our mailboxes, I can feel the sunshine on my back and I reach over and grab Tonys hand. This is our first outing that is further than a short walk and I am so excited to be outside with him. Roxy is prancing by his side and looking up at both of us with adoring eyes. I can tell that she is thinks this will be shorter than it really is and she will lose interest when she realizes that there are no snacks involved and she actually has to exercise. I think for Roxy, Tony loosing his hand is a very exciting thing as that has meant that there seems to be unlimited napping and cuddling for her and it suits her lifestyle just fine. This was our first quiet weekend at home and I cannot say enough how enjoyable it was. Each day Tony's healing seems to be exponential and I am amazed everytime we take off the bandages and see the skin healing on his leg. We abandoned the bandages Friday evening on his leg and that has gone remarkably well. Saturday afternoon Tony and I met Luke and Kimi at the High Five in town and went to see Zombieland. People magazine said: "If you are going to see one zombie-comedy this year, Zombieland is it" and they were certainly right. I was very skeptical and was happily suprised at this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed the whole time which was a much needed two hours from life. I enjoy zombies, popcorn and Woody Harrelson so this worked out quite well for me.
After our walk today, we arrived home and Tony sank into his favorite chair and napped most of the afternoon while I tackled my first chocolate almond cake from the Julia Childs cookbook....we'll see how that turns out later tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Your day made me feel warm and fuzzy inside!! How was the chocolate almond cake?! I miss Roxy...oh yea, you and Tony too!

    ReplyDelete