Thursday, October 8, 2009

Home.

I am actually sitting at my desk in my cubicle. Can you believe it? I certainly cannot. Tony and left Denver yesterday midday with Ken and Patti in another car. It was a long drive where Tony kept his foot elevated and did some napping while I entertained him throughout the drive with my fantastic singing voice (very much joking). We were able to see some of the foliage changing but it seems as though last week was really the week to see...Scotty J and Lonnie had come up last weekend and said it was spectacular as did Bree when she left so I was so glad that their drives were pretty at least as I know dang well Tony and I weren't a pretty sight.....
The travel home proved difficult for Tony as it was a long drive and that morning he also weened the first of the pain medications from his routine. As we all know to well in this country, pain medication addiction is a fairly serious situation and I know that Tony is well aware of this and taking so many precautions to not head down that road. Hence, the pain where his hand used to be flared up a bit. Upon arrival, we unloaded the car, had a little cry and settled in for the night. Bree and Piper paid a short visit which was fantastic and just watched a bit of TV with mom and dad. As the evening drew to a close, we hobbled upstairs to our room and to just see our Tempurpedic made my heart soar with giddiness. Aunt Nancy had come over cleaned the house, changed the sheets and put fresh towels out (what a dearly loved woman she is!!) and so our bed was gently calling to me from across the room...."tina....tina...come love me...I promise not to hurt your neck like that horrible plastic thing they called a bed in the hospital...tina come hither..." and come hither I did. Even after getting Tony all set up (it is a quite a feat for him to sleep as legs/arms have to be propped up, medications laid out for the night, etc) we had more than enough room to call our for Roxy to join us for some good old fashioned cuddling. As most of you know, that dog lives for three things: Tony, snacking and cuddling so you can imagine how happy she was to return to her favorite spot under the covers with Tony beside her...Now, cousin Mark was a good shoe-in, but there is nothing like her beloved Tony I am sure.
We woke up this morning it may have been the best feeling in the world to shower and dress for work. Many of you scoff at the idea that I would truly love being a Realtor, but I honestly do love it and have always enjoyed going to work everyday. You may also want to remember that although I do work in a cubicle in a windowless basement, it is infinetly better than being in a sad depressing hospital with gray walls and no natural light. So you can see why I was ecstatic to return to Cubicleland if you think hard enough about it.
I could not be more thrilled than to come home, see my husbands smiling face and see him walk up and down our stairs. His strength continues to amaze me and I will say it just one more time. I may be the luckiest woman in the world to have somehow landed this man to be my partner in life.

3 comments:

  1. Tina and Tony,
    So happy to hear that you guys are back in Durango!...I, too, have slept on that Tempurpedic while cuddling with Roxy, and know it to be one of the finer things in life.

    much love and aloha,
    Katie B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your back home:) Welcome back and we will see you soon!! Love you guys, Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home Sweethearts,
    oxoxKim

    ReplyDelete