Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sometimes life isn't all that sweet.....

Just when it seems as though you are making it through your emotions, you are pushed back to square one and you watch your husband struggle to keep it together and your heart breaks into a million pieces all over again. This will be the hardest thing we will ever get through in our life and all I can do is try to help him move through his heartache as much as possible. Trying to tough it out and be strong isn't always easy and all I can do is thank everyone for being there for us throughout this ordeal.

2 comments:

  1. Hey T and T,

    A lot of folks think of grief only in terms of the death of loved one... but the grief process can occur in any kind of loss (an accident such as Tony's, a major life change, a divorce or break up etc..). What you are experiencing is very normal and it's part of the grief process to loop back and forth so to say. The commonly known stages include shock, pain, anger, depression/reflection, working through/reconstruction and last acceptance and hope. These are not formal stages but more of a guide to understanding the big picture of grief... hope this helps and know that your emotional experience is normal and everyone also goes through the process in their own way and pace... thinking of you both. - Kristen D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys - just read through your blog and all I can say is I wish there were a manual I could buy for you to follow step by step on the whole process. Alas...maybe you'll write one with your love through this journey. Also - while I have no experience with what you are going through - I do have lots of history (which follows you to the present) of loss, and I can say that sometimes knowing when to surrender, is the same as being strong. So cry till you laugh, laugh till you cry and know that you are helping those you know in a unique kind of way. Big hugs. Please let me know if I can do anything. Italian food? Nance

    ReplyDelete