Friday, October 2, 2009

the Blood Purse is gone!

So tonight the doctor came in around 5:30 to check and change the bandages on Tonys arm and to investigate the situation. As he unwound the bandages we all (myself, Ken and Patti) waited anxiously to see what awaited us all. Dr. Ipaktchi thought it was looking fantastic and that is was healing well. It looked fine to me, but there was so much tape holding all the gauze on and was ripping tonys armhair right off. Ken was flinching with me right beside him as that surely seemed like worst part. Tony held strong and did not make a peep, but I felt as thoughI had to remind him that it was just like anytime I have to wax anything and never mind a Brazillian! He did not really laugh at my joke which was ok as I knew he was in pain.
Mom and Dad left us to retrieve dinner and we sat together talking about what was going on for us. The changes that were to come and what it meant for our lives together. Tonys strength and spirit continues to amaze me each and everyday as he is never negative but is also not pushing aside his feelings to be buried forever.
Hot German doctor finally gave us the go ahead to head over to the hotel in the morning which I am just so excited about I can't stand it. A bed, a shower and much better tv than what we have in the hospital.
Each day we get some kind of "plug -in" or IV situation removed....the other day was oxygen, then something that neither one of us can remember right now and then today it was his Blood Purse hose. You may be wondering what that may be and how can I get one? Well, no need to look further...lose your hand in an ATV accident, have mulitple skin grafts, and then have a suction type of thing put in your arm and a tube from that which leads into a machine that pumps all kinds of fluids into it a clear chamber. Everywhere you go, either your wife will carry it, or you can put it on your lap while you are getting wheeled outside for a breath of fresh air. It has a handle and a nice viewing window that you can see everything sloshing around in it. A Blood Purse. I bet you can get one on EBay.

2 comments:

  1. Shower & real bed...mmmm.

    I am so happy for you guys!!! I can't wait until the morning for you to go to the hotel & snuggle in a real bed together, that will feel so good! Love you! J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to!!! We are just waiting for our orders as we speak to get out of here and head over to hotel with Ken and Patti....Yeah!!!
    tina

    ReplyDelete