Saturday, October 3, 2009

Discharge!

Tony and I woke up this morning like small children on Christmas morning. We are now waiting for the discharge papers to come through so we can head over to the hotel with Ken and Patti. My mother Sherry just flew out this morning and I cannot thank her enough for all the love and support she gave to both of us these past two weeks. She so unselfishly gave up her vacation to Durango and flew here immediatley two Sundays ago to be at my side throughout this whole ordeal. Being so lucky to not only have an amazing mother in law, but I have one of the best moms in the whole world and I cannot believe I am so lucky to have such supportive parents all around. My father has also been wanting to fly out to be by my side and had to tell him no as there were just getting to be to many people (if you somehow can have to many people by your side loving you...I don't think so!) here at the hospital.
Having this happen to us has really changed our world view on life. It is not that we were not supportive of others but perhaps not there as much as we could be. This will certainly be different from now on, just think, if you have any kind of issue in life, Tony and I will be coming at you with forced love and support....just kidding but we certainly be there everystep of the way.
The weather has turned cold and I am a bit nervous as I have signed up for Race for the Cure tomorrow morning (Tammy Osborn I will be running for you!!!!) and it is supposed to be about 40 degrees!! Good lord have mercy.

2 comments:

  1. tina and unc.tony...you were there for me when i went through a lot a few years back...don't know how i would have made it with out you...you were there the most!...with love SuzannaQ
    ps.send me a list and Matt and i will fill the frig.have fun today and let the lovin start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzi-Q...I will surely give you a list of things I want as I am so looking forward to cookig all Tonys favorite foods when we get home!
    Miss you all-
    T.N.T

    ReplyDelete