Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Doctors apppointment and football...

So many of you know Tony likes football, but in the past has not been crazed for watching it every week. I believe that has changed this year with not as many outdoor activities on our plate. Now that Tony is home healing quite a bit and is often tired by about 6 pm, there seems to be quite a bit of interest on his part in the football that seems to constantly be on TV. I myself don't quite understand the game, but do not hate it as it reminds me of snowy Sundays when I was a little girl and my dad was watching it and I could always hear it in the background. This is somehow a comforting sound to me still, but these days I am often cooking in my fantastic kitchen and sipping wine with some ladies while Sunday Football in on. Needless to say, I have a feeling that this will be a big winter for lots of lounging and football watching for The Mielys.
Tonys healing has been such an incredible thing to watch and the miracles the body performs while healing itself if astonishing. Just two weeks ago, Tony was laying in a hospital bed in a weird gown and could not move and now he is up and about helping Ken clean windows and replace light fixtures. His leg has healed more in the last week than I ever thought possible and the smile has really not left his face either. That is not to say there are not up's and down's as each outing in town has spurned a few feelings of discomfort at being stared at and other times folks that haven't seen Tony in while and didn't know, always bring a look of surprise that stays with both of us for a few hours afterwards. These moments can be hard and is a reminder of the trauma that we just went through, but we both look at one another and try and remember that things could just be so much worse for us. Our hometown here in Durango has more support, phone calls and friends than I am constantly amazed. All I can say is that this may be an expensive place to live, but it is worth every cent of it in exchange for the people that surround us each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment